As you can see from the video, there are a number of procedures that a Maid Service should follow during a COVID 19 Pandemic.
Magnolia Cleaning Service has been cleaning homes in Central Florida throughout the COVID 19 crisis and is in growth mode.
In this article we will outline the exact steps that a a Maid Service should follow during a COVID 19 Pandemic. These steps will help you find the best Maid Service for your home in Orlando, Tampa or Sarasota Florida.
Estimated reading time: 3 minutes
CDC COVID 19 Guidelines for COVID 19
There are a number of important steps that the CDC recommends that our Maid Service follows during the Pandemic. All of our Maid Service teams follow these pandemic guidelines for every home that we clean. The CDC recommendations for Essential and Non Essential Service Companies include to:
- Wear always wear disposable gloves to clean and disinfect your home.
- We always wear disposable shoe covers.
- We always wear masks while inside your home.
- Clean surfaces using soap and water, then use EPA- registered household disinfectant products.
- Cleaning with soap and water reduces number of germs, dirt and impurities on household surfaces.
- Practice routine cleaning of frequently touched surfaces. More frequent cleaning and disinfection may be required based on frequency of use.
- Disinfecting all high touch surfaces including: tables, doorknobs, light switches, countertops, handles, desks, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks, etc.
Daily Temperature Checks for your Cleaning Team!
Our Maid teams and employees take their temperature at the start of every day. If they have a temperature or are not feeling well then they will not be able to work that day. the employee is feeling ill then they are not allowed to work.
Additionally, each one of our employees must take their temperatures before during and after work hours. Taking ones temperature regularly is one of the best ways to be aware if your body is fighting a bacteria or viruses.
CDC Procedures followed for all cleaning equipment
On a daily basis the equipment and supplies are cleaned and sanitized. This habit is a best practice that we employed before the COVID 19 pandemic.
Additionally, the microfiber cloths and mop heads are sent to a professional cleaner to be washed, sanitized and disinfected.
Social Distancing and the CDC COVI9 19 Guidelines
Social Distancing is one of the most critical methods to prevent the spread of COVID 19. The CDC recommendations for COVID 19 Social Distancing suggest staying 6 feet from other parties.
Due to this, we encourage a 6 ft radius throughout the day between our customers and employees.
Cancellations and Scheduling during the COVID 19 Pandemic
Strong and frequent communication between your Maid Service and you are critical during the COVID 19 Pandemic. We ask each customer to reschedule or cancel their cleaning if they are not feeling well.
These are at no cost and we encourage our customers to always be conservative on deciding if it would appropriate for our Maids to clean their homes.